My applet goes fullscreen exclusive.  Don't know if an applet will do you
any good....

http://pancyl.com

F1 enters; ESC exits fullscreen exclusive...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Reposted from
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/chet/archive/2006/10/java_on_vista_y.html on
Dmitri's suggestion...

So here's an interesting problem, related to - if not directly caused by - Java on Vista. Brand new
machine (Lenovo T61p T7700, 4GB, NVidia Quadro FX 570M driving 1680x1050 LCD, Vista Ultimate 32-bit
from Microsoft GM DVD - not the Lenovo pre-install), with Java 1.6.0_03. When docked (but not when
not docked), I run it in a dual-monitor configuration (add on a 1600x1200 external display via
DVI). Two or three times a day, the machine simply "turns off" when I am switching to or
from the Java application (Interactive Brokers trade station started via .jnlp download through
Firefox). If I don't have the IB Java app running, the machine works flawlessly. If I run the IB
Java app "undocked" (ie, just the 1680x1050 LCD driven), no problem. Seems like an odd
interaction between the display driver and Java. I'm running the NVidia 7.15.11.5685 drivers dated
12/10/07. Again, it's not a BSOD. The machine simply and instantaneously powers off. Java itself, I
hope, cannot do that, but
the display driver might be able to cause such a serious fault.

Any thoughts?

Dmitri has suggested I try a different Java app and the latest build of 6uN, which I'll do. I'll
add that I run the Java app "full screen" (which, in a dual display environment, means
only 1 screen - the 1600x1200 screen, which is "below" the 1680x1050 screen).

As I don't have any other Java apps that I routinely run, I'm willing to try any Java
apps anyone thinks might be "best" for this kind of trial.

Thanks,
Richard
[Message sent by forum member 'rrelph' (rrelph)]