Well, if it helps any, this is not a Vista related issue, as I have what
appears to be the same problem with the Java client of a PDM system (big
parts/drawing database for my company) in Windows XP Pro, where if I run the
application in single screen mode or undocked, it works fine. However running
the application in dual-screen mode, I get the application on the primary
display, and a magnified (to varying degrees) and letterboxed copy on the
secondary screen, and as soon as I create an event (open a record or start a
search) in the Java application, it causes a physical memory dump (the
veritable blue screen of death) pointed at the Nvidia driver... While I would
normally jump to point the finger at the Java application, I think in this case
it is indeed the driver not liking Java apps, as the Java Control Panel even
does the same thing.

Originally, I had the same issue where the machine would power down if I
hot-docked it with the Java application running or having been run since last
reboot. Since the latest Java update (JRE1.6.2), this has manifested itself as
first described. My workaround is to simply boot in single screen mode, run the
application, then switch to dual screen mode and everything is fine.

I got a tip to try deleting all the docked hardware profiles, and let a fresh
one be recreated, but no dice...

Best of luck to all in resolving this one - I will post again if I find
anything useful...
[Message sent by forum member 'skyfish84' (skyfish84)]