I'm sitting at less than 60% of physical memory used and I'm often up over 80%
(Firefox likes to wallow in the stuff, as does the Business Contact Manager's
database engine). I have run all the diagnostics I can get my hands on already.
PC Doctor and MemTest86+ are the two I remember the names of. No issues found.

In the system logs, I found the entry associated with the restart, but nothing
in the 25 minutes prior to that. Of course, the suddenness of the shutdown is
absolute. In the minute or so prior to the last shutdown, I had filed a mail
message in a different folder, but on restart, it was still in my inbox.

So far, with just the one external display, all is well.

How can I confirm the version of Java underlying the app?

Thanks,
Richard
[Message sent by forum member 'rrelph' (rrelph)]