I found the other day this tutorial. I think it is a very good introduction.

http://aaaprod.gsfc.nasa.gov/teas/CindyStarr_GST/ColorMgmt5examples/ColorMgmt5examples.PPT

 Andreas> Simon,
 >> However, I know there should be more; how do I tie this together?
 >> Where do I start reading?

 Andreas> I'd highly recommend ordering a copy of Real World Color Management.

 Andreas> In the mean time, you'll likely find the following pages extremely
 Andreas> helpful:

 Andreas> http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/color-management1.htm

 Andreas> Cheers,

--
Daniel M. German                  "To take photographs means to recognize
                                   --simultaneously and within a