Alan wrote:

"Its just that PC's are so cheap its
easier to use several for a job _IFF_ you can solve
the management
problem."

That _IFF_ is not only non-trivial technically, but
also not not-trivial financially!

You but one cheap PC or a hundred cheap PC's, you
still have a bunch of cheap PC's.

One of my favorite examples is that our company still
has MS pervasively in the office and once a month we
get a note from IT security to put on a patch because
MS did it again. So it takes me 15 minutes, so what?
Well, with 300,000 in the company, thats 75,000
MANHOURS. IT security doesn't care - the manhours
doesn't come out of its budget!

=====
Jim Sibley
Implementor of Linux on zSeries in the beautiful Silicon Valley

"Computer are useless.They can only give answers." Pablo Picasso