Thank you for the status update Kervin. Please see my comments in line.

Kervin L. Pierre wrote:
Hello Group,

I have been asked by a few parties interested in the
project for a status update.  It is hard to estimate
the amount of work that's left to do, because a large
part of this project is figuring out what works with
MAPI rather than writing against a clearly defined
specification.
Indeed. That is what makes it all the more fun though :)

We are aiming for an May 1st public beta. That's a
tight deadline, but possible if everything goes as
planned.  This schedule also assumes our current
resource levels.  Things would move faster with more
assistance.  You can donate to the project at
http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=66565
Proceeds go towords paying software consultant time
on the project.

Software consultant time? Are you paying someone to do the work or is this payment for you and/or other developers?

A.  MAPI Message Store
    1. There is a lot of pre-beta testing required for
       the core message store classes.
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )

How would people go about testing? Just using the message store? Are there any specific things that should be done/noted etc?

    2. Hard coded debug breakpoints will have to be
       replaced with message boxes and error handling
       code.
       ( Approx. 10-20 hours )
Is this mapi/project specific or does it simply require knowledge of windows programming?

    3. Library wide speed and space optimizations.
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )
Again is this mapi/project specific? Or even windows specific?

    4. LibIcal needs to be converted to 64bit time
       utilizing windows time API.
       ( Approx. 40-120 hours )
Can you provide more detail about this task?

    5. MAPI Message object-to-ICal import and export
       functions
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )

    6. Completion of miscellaneous minor MAPI API
       features.
       ( Approx. 40-80 hours )

    7. Message store-to-transport provider
       synchonization API for syncing local message
       store cache with remote calendar.
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )

    8. Complete config GUI.
       ( Approx. 10-20 hours )

    9. Add uninstall support to ochelper.exe
       ( Approx. 10-20 hours )

   10. Library wide memory management code. Most
       likely using 'Boost' libraries.
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )

B.  MAPI Transport Provider
    1. Completion of necessary MAPI transport classes.
       ( Approx. 40-80 hours )

    2. Reach CalDAV protocol handling milestone for
       Beta 1 level access.
       ( Approx. 20-40 hours )

Best Regards,
Kervin

I plan to give your project a lot of exposure at the SCALE 2006 conference (http://socallinuxexpo.com/). Hopefully that will help with getting you developer help and financial backing. There will be quite a few heavy hitters/open source leaders at the conference as well as media.

Perhaps you could put the above tasks into the Sourceforge task list for your project? Provide more detail and allow the community to track the project? I would be more then happy to perform that task if you want. I am really hoping to move the connector forward as it will help my project in a tremendous way. I hope I don't sound to selfish :)