Hello Charles,

Charles Wyble wrote:

Indeed. That is what makes it all the more fun though :)

A little masochistic for my taste :)  But yes, it
does keep things interesting.

Software consultant time? Are you paying someone to do the work or is this payment for you and/or other developers?

Yes we had to get someone with MAPI service provider
experience on board.  This has sped things up
tremendously.  Too much of my time was spent
experimenting with the MAPI API in the past.

How would people go about testing? Just using the message store? Are there any specific things that should be done/noted etc?

Right now this is 'developer' testing.  We are trying
to get to user beta testing.  That's the May 1st
milestone.  There are unfortunately too many un-implemented
features for user testing right now.

Is this mapi/project specific or does it simply require knowledge of windows programming?

This will require MAPI.

    4. LibIcal needs to be converted to 64bit time
       utilizing windows time API.
       ( Approx. 40-120 hours )

Can you provide more detail about this task?

Sure.  libical, which we use for manipulating iCalendar
messages internally uses unix 32 bit time.  Here's a note
from the journal....

For now we will use the unix time() 32bit overflow as the max date.
This is 03:14:08 UTC on January 19, 2038.  We are *probably*
constrained to this by libical.  Need to check this.  The
FileTimeToSystemTime() limits the 64bit FILETIME value to
0x8000000000000000-1 which works out to
02:48:05 on September 14, 30828.  Our start date is January 1, 1601
for Win32, January 1, 1970 for POSIX.  Outlook retricts FILETIME
further to 23:59 on August 31, 4500.

So basically, we need to support dates between 1601 and
4500 roughly.  This does not require understanding MAPI
at all since it is restricted to libical, and probably
isn't too difficult either.  Most of the functions in
the library rely on a handful of primatives.

We would have convert all 32 time values to Win32 64bit
FILETIME values returned by windows.  There are some date
functions that would also need to be updated.  So some
research may be needed as well.

I plan to give your project a lot of exposure at the SCALE 2006 conference (http://socallinuxexpo.com/). Hopefully that will help with

Thanks.

Perhaps you could put the above tasks into the Sourceforge task list for your project? Provide more detail and allow the community to track the project? I would be more then happy to perform that task if you want. I

Thanks.  That would be appreciated.  I haven't had much
time for administrative tasks.

am really hoping to move the connector forward as it will help my project in a tremendous way. I hope I don't sound to selfish :)

Isn't selfish at all.  Thanks for the offer to help.

Best Regards,
Kervin