On Friday 05 September 2008 16:52:05 brian d foy wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, chromatic

> > If I could see somehow that my distribution implicitly runs on
> > Perl 5.001 (or explicitly runs only on 5.11.0), or that it has no
> > Makefile.PL or Build.PL, or any of the other dozens of packaging quirks
> > that can cause problems, I could fix them before uploading and before
> > triggering a wave of testing.

> That's what Module::Release does, and since the QA Hackathon in Oslo,
> it even tests under multiple perls. It can check kwalitee (or not), or
> anything else that you like.

Hm.  What's your thought on turning that into something which a Module::Build
or ExtUtils::MakeMaker plugin could run on ./Build distcheck or make
distcheck?

I'm happy to write the Module::Build plugin, if anyone else might find this
idea useful.  (I'd very happily explain to new CPAN contributors the value of
running those commands against distributions before upload.)

-- c