On Friday 05 September 2008 10:31:29 Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> I would be interested to know that you don’t care about supporting
> my configuration, but as you don’t even care enough to declare
> your non-support explicitly, I have to find out otherwise.

I don't like the check testers/grumble/upload new distribution with no
functional changes just niggly little packaging bits you hope will opt out of
testers tests you don't care about/sleep/repeat cycle.  It's a slow, clunky
black box game where the rules aren't always clear and you have to upload new
versions of your distributions that don't do much for most of your users.

I would find some sort of *optional* distribution packaging best practices
scanner more useful here than getting CPAN Testers reports (by whatever
mechanism).  If I could see somehow that my distribution implicitly runs on
Perl 5.001 (or explicitly runs only on 5.11.0), or that it has no Makefile.PL
or Build.PL, or any of the other dozens of packaging quirks that can cause
problems, I could fix them before uploading and before triggering a wave of
testing.

-- c