* chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-05 19:50]:
> If I could see somehow that my distribution implicitly runs on
> Perl 5.001 (or explicitly runs only on 5.11.0), or that it has
> no Makefile.PL or Build.PL, or any of the other dozens of
> packaging quirks that can cause problems, I could fix them
> before uploading and before triggering a wave of testing.

That’s CPANTS, the useful part of it anyway… except that the
feedback cycle is even *much* slower there than with the Testers.

CPANTS is really miscast as a service; the useful bits should
really be extracted and made part of the `distcheck` targets
of the various Perl distro toolchains.

Regards,