On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

* chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-05 19:50]:
If I could see somehow that my distribution implicitly runs on
Perl 5.001 (or explicitly runs only on 5.11.0), or that it has
no Makefile.PL or Build.PL, or any of the other dozens of
packaging quirks that can cause problems, I could fix them
before uploading and before triggering a wave of testing.

That’s CPANTS, the useful part of it anyway… except that the
feedback cycle is even *much* slower there than with the Testers.

Is not!

Check out Test::Kwalitee on cpan. I've taken to adding that to my maintainer-only tests for my distros.

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg