From: Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CS>Baby Powder....
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:29 PM

I avoid it because of the smell...

Dan

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Steve G <chube...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Someone just posted about talc containing asbestos fiber in the old days......
that got me to thinking.

I've avoided all baby powders that include talc for years due to an article I
read in Science News way back when that said that the use of talc causes lung
scarring at any age.   So, that leaves baby powder made of corn starch.

Now, my wife (perhaps all women?) is really into using baby powder.  A pain in
the butt as it coats everything in the bathroom.    Now I'm thinking, well
maybe she is breathing in the corn starch into her lungs.  Not a problem for
most folks, but as I've posted recently, any time she consumes food or drink
that has corn starch, corn oil, corn syrup etc. she has severe migraines for
about 3 days.

On her 'good' days, she has just regular migraines.   Her last day without a
migraine was in 2006.  Not much of a life.

Now.... what if using the cornstarch style of baby powder is causing the
ongoing migraines?

Who knows?