    From: Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com>
    Subject: Re: CS>Baby Powder....
    To: silver-list@eskimo.com
    Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:29 PM

    I avoid it because of the smell...
Dan

    On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Steve G <chube...@yahoo.com
    </mc/compose?to=chube...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

        Someone just posted about talc containing asbestos fiber in the
        old days...... that got me to thinking.

        I've avoided all baby powders that include talc for years due to
        an article I read in Science News way back when that said that
        the use of talc causes lung scarring at any age.   So, that
        leaves baby powder made of corn starch.

        Now, my wife (perhaps all women?) is really into using baby
        powder.  A pain in the butt as it coats everything in the
        bathroom.    Now I'm thinking, well maybe she is breathing in
        the corn starch into her lungs.  Not a problem for most folks,
        but as I've posted recently, any time she consumes food or drink
        that has corn starch, corn oil, corn syrup etc. she has severe
migraines for about 3 days.
        On her 'good' days, she has just regular migraines.   Her last
        day without a migraine was in 2006.  Not much of a life.

        Now.... what if using the cornstarch style of baby powder is
        causing the ongoing migraines?

        Who knows?