From: James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Sep 26, 2012 11:56 am
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Good Alloy for Celani type reaction costs 5
cents : Chuck Sites

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Chuck Sites <cbsit...@gmail.com> wrote:

I remember that hit piece in Science from Lewis very well.   It was disturbing
and really put the whole of Cold Fusion into doubt.  Nathan Lewis, published a
really good analysis on calorimetry  of electrolysis and the physics thermal
systems, but he never replicated the P&F effect, for example the "Heat after
death" effect Jed Rothwell talks about.  At the time, it put into doubt whether
the P&F effect was even real.   After the Lewis article, CF was kind of dead in
the main-stream of science.   As it would happen, I was designing my own
calorimeter that I never used.   Lewis just blew it for me.

How could Lewis's critique be taken seriously when he didn't even have the
calorimeter design actually used by P&F?