Ed stated:

"The discussion now must be how do we respond to the loss of land presently
occupied by millions of people and important infrastructure."

There is NO emergency. Sell the house or start moving important
infrastructure to higher ground.

*IF* the oceans do rise significantly, it won't happen overnight. it will
take years and more likely, decades.

For important infrastructure, planning needs to be done to determine how
much time would be needed to relocate to higher ground.

For homeowners, pack up your stuff and MOVE!  It is that simple for them.

If you're smart, sell the place now while beachfront property is valuable.
when your house is underwater it won't be worth much!

And if all this does happen, it wouldn't surprise me if those homeowners
think they are entitled to govt aid when they were too stupid to just move.

-Mark