Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> As for Japan, they are going back to nuclear power because they do not
> like living with rolling blackouts and high energy cost.

They have not had any rolling blackouts, as far as I know.

> As you note, wind is out. Solar is not sufficient and not steady.

Wind is out in Japan. Although they may have offshore wind capacity.

The U.S., China, and Northern Europe each has so much wind energy that if
we used it to make synthetic liquid fuel, we could produce of a flow of oil
greater than all of the oil well in the Middle East. We could sell it for
fantastic sums of money, and pay for the project quickly, in stages as it
completes.

The U.S. southwest or North Africa could do the same trick with solar
energy.

Europe could produce 4 times more energy than they now consume, with
existing technology, from the North Sea wind alone.