The mobile guys also limit video resolution, I don’t know how they do it from a
technical perspective, but for example AT&T has 3 “unlimited” plans – Starter,
Extra and Elite.  They say Starter and Elite limit streaming to standard def,
and only Elite can stream in high def.

It also seems streaming services will use whatever bandwidth is available to
increase video quality.  The customer may not notice the difference.  Which
means they may also not notice if you throttle their video speed.

Like there was an article complaining that 4K quality games with Google Stadia
doesn’t look as good as 4K on a console.  I hope Stadia falls on its face, but
honestly, I look at the images in the article that are supposed to show the big
difference in quality, and I can barely see it.  Maybe because I’m not a gamer
I don’t appreciate the difference.  Is it coincidence that the image in
question is of Lara Croft’s butt?  Is that what this is all about?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/20970297/google-stadia-review-gaming-streaming-cloud-price-specs-features-chrome-pixel