Title: Re: [AFMUG] UBB - Usage Based Billing WAS: tired of entitled streamers
A real life example of why UBB or Usage Tracking is a good idea.  Had a customer call in yesterday, she got an email stating she was getting close to her limit.  We pulled up her account.  In September she used 60GB.  In October she use 200GB.  So far for November she is at 3500GB.  Looked at her real time stats and she had her system pegged at 50Mbps.  Earlier in the month she was pegged at 75Mbps.  From our usage data we can tell this started at 10am on 11/10.  Of course the customer has no idea what it is.  I'm convinced that it is some type of streaming or rouge satellite box.  Yesterday I bounced her Ethernet port and the data stopped.  However, it fired back up at 3:30am this morning.  Bouncing her port killed it again, we'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

If we didn't have some type of usage tracking in place, this would have just continued to run.  Get a couple of dozen of these running at a time and it could be an issue.

--
Best regards,
Mark

Myakka Technologies, Inc.