I always did the same thing with 90 days "free" changes included. It's free in that I didn't bill separately for it, but after doing a few PBX's it became clear that they'll always want to change a bunch of stuff early on, so I figured extra hours of labor into the price of the system. That's why it's "free" in quotes.

On 10/9/2015 10:00 AM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
We have done it both ways....

Most of our hosted pbx customer buy the phones out-right (they can buy new polycom phones or we can provide them with grade A refurbished). They typically run $100 to $200 each, average spend is $125 / $150 per phone.

We offer a monthly rental average $7/month (which includes hardware replacement)

Our Hosted Pbx service includes unlimited MAC (Move Add Change) for first 90days, and after that we bill $25/per request, or a fee for bigger changes. (Most of the time we are too lazy to bill them for it... ).

(ATA's) we sell to the customer... $50 to $75
IAD's (for pri hand off) we retain ownership and bill the customer a managed IAD/Router fee $50 to $100 / month, with a $200 - $250 one time setup charge....

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

    *From: *"Ken Hohhof" <[email protected]>
    *To: *[email protected]
    *Sent: *Friday, October 9, 2015 9:26:11 AM
    *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] New to VoIP

    Faisal, do you own the phones, or does the customer?
    *From:* Faisal Imtiaz <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Sent:* Friday, October 09, 2015 8:11 AM
    *To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] New to VoIP
    Average Residential consumer spends between $50 to $100 / month on
    their home phone bill, and is looking to reduce it further (very
    low usage)
    Average very small Business with a couple of phone lines spends
    about $150 to $200 / month
    Average small Business 4-6 lines spends about $500 to $700 / month
    on a phone bill.
    Average medium Business can spend betwee $700 to $1500/month on a
    phone bill
    Larger business spending is north of that.
    If you 'resell' or use a full commercial platform to provider voip
    service, one can expect 30% to 50% margin, in most cases one can
    reduce a new customer's existing spending (against traditional
    wire line ) by 40-50%.
    If you invest in learning how to deal with VOIP, and have a
    small/reasonable amount of Linux expertise inhouse, one can bring
    in a inhouse platform pretty inexpensively (approx $5k one time)
    and possibly have 80% or higher margin.
    Having shared that, the question becomes, what is one's outlook
    for Voice Business Potential ? if one is expecting to do $5k or
    less MRR, then it is best to find a partner that you can resell
    from... if one is expecting $10k or less MRR, then it is well
    worth investing in those resources....
    Of-course a combination of a resell / turnkey platform which can
    be brought inhouse at a later date can make perfect sense.
    If one does not have the internal resources, and is not willing to
    invest in them, then it is best to resell or outsource .
    We started out by using private label wholesale platform, were
    seeing about 20% margin, built to approx $15k to $18k MRR, and
    then circumstances forced us to bringing this inhouse...
    Of YMMV, depending on how exactly one approaches this .... What is
    a pure headache of some, is an opportunity for others......However
    the fact that what  most business spend on their phone service is
    a factor of multiples vs what they spend on internet access still
    stands true.
    Faisal Imtiaz
    Snappy Internet & Telecom
    7266 SW 48 Street
    Miami, FL 33155
    Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

    Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

        *From: *"Jeremy" <[email protected]>
        *To: *[email protected]
        *Sent: *Friday, October 9, 2015 12:50:34 AM
        *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] New to VoIP

        Mostly residential...some commercial.  I want to do more
        commercial but the amount of time spent on customer service
        changing pbx/phone/line/extension configurations doesn't seem
        justified.  If we had a call center that understood these
        issues and this platform it might make sense, but with me
        still taking all the calls it definitely seems like a headache
        that I don't want.
        On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Jay Weekley
        <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
        wrote:

            It's more stuff to troubleshoot definitely.   Jeremy, are
            your VOIP customers residential or commercial?

            Jeremy wrote:

                We make a small amount of money, with fairly decent
                margins, but hardly enough to be worth the additional
                tax burden and ridiculous amounts of regulatory red
                tape.  I wonder why??? continuously.

                On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Brett A Mansfield
                <[email protected]
                <mailto:[email protected]>
                <mailto:[email protected]
                <mailto:[email protected]>>> wrote:

                    The only advice I have is DON'T! There is no money
                in it! I
                    recommend Ooma Office to my business customers.
                Everyone who has
                    gone that route has been very happy with it. And
                it's really cheap
                    comparatively.

                    Thank you,
                    Brett A Mansfield

                    On Oct 8, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Jon Paul Kelley
                    <[email protected]
                <mailto:[email protected]>
                <mailto:[email protected]
                <mailto:[email protected]>>> wrote:

                        As the title states, I am inching closer to
                    offer VoIP as a
                        service through my WISP. I am wondering if any
                    of you have some
                        wisdom you might be willing to part with
                    before I embark on this
                        endeavor. I, of course, have some exposure to
                    VoIP, but not a
                        great deal. I have VoIP phones in my office,
                    but someone else
                        manages the server for me.

                        What companies would you guys recommend using
                    to get me setup and
                        running. I have several businesses that are
                    interested in phone
                        service and I need to figure something out.

                        Thanks.

                        Jon Paul Kelley

                        CKS Wireless





Reply via email to