My point is that’s a manual process.  Some people believe BGP will
automagically choose the best routes, when in fact it doesn’t know about
latency, packet loss, etc. without tweaking by a human or robot.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Mike Hammett
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:21 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cogent...

Not required, but typically going along with full routes is access to BGP
communities. You could fine-tune both what you advertise, what you accept and
what your upstreams pass along. You don't have to drop the peer entirely if a
subset of routes is working properly.

 <http://www.ics-il.com/> Intelligent Computing Solutions
 <https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>
<https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>