Ben,

So, for example, if I describe a Turing machine whose halting I prove
formally undecidable by the axioms of peano arithmetic (translating
the Turing machine's operation into numerical terms, of course), and
then I ask you, "is this Turing machine non-halting", then would you
answer, "That depends on what the meaning of is, is"? Or does the
context provide enough additional information to provide a more full
answer?

--Abram