On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, Reuben Staley wrote:
> My problem with having fixed assets per player per week is that that
> will cause massive accumulation of wealth on the part of inactive
> players. I believe I've mentioned this before in this thread,
> actually. I did want to give everyone the same amount of assets a
> week, but I was scared that inactive people would get a ton of wealth
> and, if they ever decided to rejoin the game, they would be much more
> wealthy than the active people, so that makes no sense.

Just two clarifications that may make all the difference?  In my
recent Shinies Proposal:

1.  I change it to distribute shinies Monthly, not Weekly.

2.  I jigger the prices to make things *much* more expensive.  On a base
salary, you'd only get 2 Proposals per *month*, instead of the current
2-per-week AP + often dirt-cheap shiny pending prices.

So if people are going to ignore the Land and just use shinies, they'll
have to budget carefully over a month and their options are vastly
reduced.  If accumulation is becoming a problem, we can react to it on
a scale of months not weeks (i.e. we have plenty of time to fix it
before the next amount of shinies gets distributed).

Also, the new combo of Zombies + deregistration w/Agoran Consent will
vastly reduce the inactive player impact, as we just witnessed.