On October 16, 2016 6:16:24 AM PDT, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

>FWIW, any distribution which comes with a browser that doesn't do
>something like LibreJS suffers from the same problem (or worse): users
>will download and run proprietary software without even being aware
>of it just by going to their favorite web sites.

This is true, although programs delivered via non-free Javascript are so
ubiquitous on the web and the demand for them so high the general practice
seems to be just letting the user have this Javascript as it is expected
behavior.

I don't think much can be done except trying to push a user toward a js-off
experience, but letting them turn it on easily when their website doesn't work.
This is far from a comprehensive solution though.

Is this the thread about the handheld device? Talk about getting off-topic! :-P

--
Eric Duhamel
http://www.noxbanners.net/