Whoa!!!  With all of the excitement of Overlays and future ITSM upgrades I
hand not realized any non BMC definitions need to be run through the BPCU.
Admittedly I am just starting to get familiar with Overlays and BPCU but my
assumption was custom applications would not have any need for BPCU.  I
thought the BPCU was only related to BMC apps and is a one time thing to
convert any previous customizations to a BMC app overlays.  From there on it
is not needed if you follow best practices.

Say I have a custom app that tracks vendors visiting our data center, we
sign them in and out and document their temporary badge ID.  It in no way
touches ITSM.  Wouldn't I import this application in Base Development.  From
that point forward we could choose to use the Best Practice mode to enhance
it.  From what I am reading this application needs to be run through the
BPCU utility before it can be seen in Dev Studio?

Please tell me I am interpreting the need to continuously use BPCU wrong.

Jason