On my 7.1/7.0 -> 7.6.04 staging server, BPCU created 64 form overlays.  I
consider 35 of them to be valid because there really is a difference between
the customized forms and the same objects on a reference server.  The other 29,
mostly AR system forms, are not valid and the overlays will have to be deleted.
 It gets much worse in the workflow, even though all of our modified and custom
stuff (except Guides) was prefixed.

BTW, I think that I have figured out the visibility variations in DevStudio
7.6.04.  In a VERY SIMPLE example (it is Friday, after all), after running the
BPCU in both Overlay -P and Overlay modes, Migrator 7.6.04 reports 1,878 forms
- the original 1,814 plus 64 overlays.  There are 175 of those forms marked as
Custom by the BPCU, almost all of them part of Kinetic Survey/Request or
Calendar.

In Best Practice Customization Mode, DevStudio 7.6.04 displays 1,814 forms,
exactly 64 forms less because it combines the base form and the overlay as a
single entry.

In contrast, in Base Development Mode, only 1,639 forms are visible; the 1,814
forms that include any overlays, MINUS the 175 forms marked as Custom.

Migrator 7.6.04 (when you can get it to log in) is the only tool that can
actually "see" all of the forms on the server at one time, as individual
entries.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/