All,
                I posted something on BMC Customer Connect, and I have already
heard from BMC. I will keep you posted, Doug

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:30 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ENGAGE

**
Amen on the cloud!  Does anyone STILL need to be told what it is?  By now,
either people have decided to do something on/with it, or they've decided not
to jump on that fad.  It's been what - 8 years now?

And if you remember the BMC event right after they bought Remedy, this was
pretty much how it was.  A bunch of BMC reps standing around like Maytag
repairmen to talk to customers who didn't come, while the too-few Remedy
resources were in high demand.  Remedy customers are just more passionate about
the product line than BMC legacy customers are.  BMC legacy apps are basically
utilities for mainframes.  I've worked a little in that space, and it's not
about excitement and new things - it's about keeping things running smoothly.
No one is changing the face of IT with how they deploy Patrol.  That's not to
denigrate it (or the other BMC apps) as a product, just that it's not really
the forward-looking, customer-facing ITIL type of stuff that Remedy/ITSM/Atrium
is.
THAT's the stuff we need to learn about how to deliver better to our customers
and users.  Do more of THAT, and we'll beat a path to the door.
Rick

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Scott Philben