On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
<js.stoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert:
>
> Thanks for the reply. Well your reply seems a bit discouraging.
> Right now I've been using Qt (The legacy or orange final, GUI type before
> the advent of touch devices) to develop Qt applications on the BBB. It's
> been working great though now I'd like to use Qt with the Qt Quick way of
> developing applications using Qml.
> It is my current understanding that this requires OpenGL and Es2, and I need
> to install SGX.

Well, the sgx 530 doesn't support "OpenGL" just OpenGL ES1/ES2..

> The only thing it seems I'm missing now are the headers, I guess don't even
> have to be the exact version of what's installed as long as the function
> prototypes match the libraries?
>
> On a secondary remark, why is TI seemingly making it so hard for people to
> develop applications targeting their processors, using community tools? The
> easy answer is evidently to promote vendor tools, but in the end they still
> end up selling chips even though people don't buy the software tools.
> The board I'm bringing up right now is a customized BBB with integrated LCD.
> I was just thinking this morning while trying to get QT to compile that it
> would be so easy to switch to a different platform, including turnkey LCD
> controllers from FTDI, to bypass the OpenGL mess of the BBB.

Remember, SGX is from Imgtek, they are the one's who hamstrung TI,
(and every other Silicon Vendor) who's mistakenly licensed their
Graphics Core.  At-least TI haven't wasted $ upgrading their core, as
they still use the same-ish SGX 530 that's been used in
dm3730/omap3's..  (droid one era phones)..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerVR#Series5

Just OpenGL ES 2.0

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYh5MhSTOkWKfbPE9O4VDfLouZcsgWwBGSG_ubp1ECSfUA%40mail.gmail.com.