I know nothing about this but here's what I did tonight to get this going
(its failed many times in the past for me!)

- Downloaded
https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2016-10-09/lxqt-4gb/bone-debian-8.6-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-10-09-4gb.img.xz
- Burned a card, booted and grew the partition. Rebooted.
- Ran sudo ./update_kernel.sh --bone-rt-kernel --lts. Rebooted.
- Installed the correct Linux headers

Now, for the SGX I followed the instructions at
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian#SGX_BeagleBone.2FBeagleBone_Black but
they didn't work. I ended up with a '.bin' rather than a tar file, in a dl
folder but there was no deploy folder. Anyway, I had done this a few months
ago and saved the tar file from then. I installed that tar per the
instructions.

Then I followed the instructions at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!msg/beagleboard/sOhHuq_T6KQ/xDeaoWyeBgAJ;context-place=msg/beagleboard/D-lhg28O5m4/yqRTbZPFDQAJ,

namely:-
sudo apt-get install ti-sgx-es8-modules-`uname -r`
sudo depmod -a `uname -r`
sudo update-initramfs -uk `uname -rcode here...

Rebooted.

The result:
Last login: Fri Oct 14 19:27:03 2016 from 192.168.1.66
debian@beaglebone:~$ lsmod | grep omaplfb
omaplfb                12048  0
tilcdc                 28057  1 omaplfb
pvrsrvkm              147997  1 omaplfb
debian@beaglebone:~$ glxgears
26 frames in 5.0 seconds =  5.161 FPS
54 frames in 5.1 seconds = 10.644 FPS
54 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10.700 FPS
54 frames in 5.1 seconds = 10.670 FPS
54 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10.709 FPS
54 frames in 5.1 seconds = 10.670 FPS
54 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10.707 FPS
54 frames in 5.1 seconds = 10.670 FPS
54 frames in 5.0 seconds = 10.704 FPS
^C
debian@beaglebone:~$ uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.1.34-bone-rt-r24 #1 PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 13 03:42:46 UTC
2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
debian@beaglebone:~$

I think this is a complete account, I hope it helps.

Regards,
James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/76121529-51ef-47de-82ad-b438a2849577%40googlegroups.com.