Hi Robert:

Thanks for the reply. Well your reply seems a bit discouraging.
Right now I've been using Qt (The legacy or orange final, GUI type before the
advent of touch devices) to develop Qt applications on the BBB. It's been
working great though now I'd like to use Qt with the Qt Quick way of developing
applications using Qml.
It is my current understanding that this requires OpenGL and Es2, and I need to
install SGX.

The only thing it seems I'm missing now are the headers, I guess don't even
have to be the exact version of what's installed as long as the function
prototypes match the libraries?

On a secondary remark, why is TI seemingly making it so hard for people to
develop applications targeting their processors, using community tools? The
easy answer is evidently to promote vendor tools, but in the end they still end
up selling chips even though people don't buy the software tools.
The board I'm bringing up right now is a customized BBB with integrated LCD.
I was just thinking this morning while trying to get QT to compile that it
would be so easy to switch to a different platform, including turnkey LCD
controllers from FTDI, to bypass the OpenGL mess of the BBB.

Regards,
Jean-Sebastien

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/40690EE9-C8FA-49D7-AF24-ECAFC39EA01E%40gmail.com.