West Dayton had that three-lane configuration (but no bike or parking) for many 
years.  I 
never felt safe in the middle lane.  It was abandoned prior to my return to 
Madison in 1987.

Mike Rewey

*************
On 26 Oct 2009 at 9:45, Troy Thiel wrote:

> 
> Just curious..for the folks who are in the "know" about the options
> that have been discussed...has there ever been a conversation about
> configuring3 lanes of auto trafficand then abikes/parking lane...where
> the middle of the three auto lanes is a "rush hour lane" that gets
> assigned the direction of dominant traffic for the rush crunch...its
> practiced here on places like Regent street with parking lanes..but
> I've seen it in effect on similar style streets in other
> cities...Omaha comes to mind most...I definitely share the previous
> comments about how retailers would be better served on Sherman if
> their places were more safely available for multi modal transit users.
> 
> Troy Thiel
> p.s count me in to volunteer with traffic counts 
> 
> 
> 
> 


_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to