At Stardate 20030612.2320, Jim Lewis wrote:

Jeroen,

I noticed in the email Doyle forwarded from Erik that you wrote:

***
Better yet. Reuter, why don't you go do the whole world a favour, huh? Put a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. This world neither needs nor wants psychopathic cyber-terrorists like you.
***

That sounds like a personal attack and a death-threat to me.

Personal attack? Maybe -- but then, Erik Reuter doesn't deserve any better.

Death threat? Certainly not. I did not threaten to kill him, I recommended that he kills himself.

And Erik clearly explained in the email that the spam was coming from you, not him.

I did not send those messages to this list, Erik did. Therefore, the spam was coming from him.

Why do you take the unfair action against Doyle when you make horrible personal attacks against people and spam people? It seems likely to me that if you refrained from such behavior, everything would be fine here.

Doyle was being disruptive to this list. He received a warning that he would be removed if he would continue his misbehaviour, but choose to ignore that warning. In accordance with the Etiquette Guidelines (which he and everyone else is expected to be familiar with), he was removed. Nothing unfair about it.

I don't think Doyle or Erik deserve the awful treatment you gave them.

As I've said before, every member of this community is supposed to be familiar with the Etiquette Guidelines. These clearly state that the behaviour they displayed would not be tolerated, and they also clearly state the consequences. They decided not to play by the rules, so now they are no longer allowed to play. As some people on That Other List like to say: actions have consequences.

And quite frankly, I don't believe they really care about being removed. They apparently only subscribed so that they could disrupt this list. They ordered the tune, so they had to pay the piper.

I see someone messing up this list, but it is not Erik or Doyle.

I set up this list as something of a fresh start, I never asked anyone to bring matters pertaining to That Other List to *this* list. Despite repeated requests to only use this list for its intended purposes, some people seem hell-bent on disrupting this list as much as possible. Those are the ones messing up this list.

And if they keep messing it up, this list will soon be a moderated list. Is *that* what you (plural) really want?

Jeroen van Baardwijk, Listowner