Dan Minette wrote:

> Indeed, for Americans, Europe's and its failure to respond to
> Hitler has
> been a paradigm example of what not to do for over 50 years of foreign
> policy.  I cannot imagine you picking a worse example to use.
>  It doesn't
> falsify your arguement, but it is not a good case study to
> make your point.

Yes, I realised that. As soon as I hit 'send'. :)

However my point actually was the effect of the harsh terms of that
treaty on the German psyche. Had they been less humiliated, had they
been left with some more resources, some face-saving options, Hitler
might not have found such a fertile ground for his ideas.

Ritu