--- Russell Chapman wrote:
> Erik Reuter wrote:
> >By the way, in an earlier message you mentioned
> some countries that
> >were in Afghanistan to build or re-build. I have a
> very hard time
> >finding news stories on who is in Afghanistan and
> exactly what they are
> >doing. Can you recommend any articles or sources?
> >
> Well, no. I actually looked before I sent that post,
> and was surprised
> at how little I could find. All the sites that
> previously had such good
> coverage on efforts in Afghanistan seem to now be
> obsessed with Iraq.
> I found snippets everywhere - Chinese zoo keepers
> rebuilding the Kabul
> zoo, German engineers rebuilding a water supply,
> Australian mine
> clearers, etc etc etc but no article about the
> international effort as such.
>
> Headline drive media seems to be driving out the in
> depth article...
>
> An interesting graph on who's paying:
> http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0827/p01s03-wosc.html

Here is one site about the international security
force that is contributing to the policing of Kabul:
http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/isaf.cfm

According to the German newsprogram I saw last night,
German soldiers are currently patrolling Kabul.

There were a lot of articles from Jan->July, but
little since then...

Debbi