In a message dated 6/13/03 2:04:08 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> So, are you saying that the Arab states in the region were actually
> holding the Palestinians prisoner in the refugee camps, forcibly
> preventing them from returning to their homes?

More or less. They couldn't go to Israel, and no Arab country has ever
permitted them to become citizens. Some emigrated to the US or to other countries
(such as Kuwait, where they were never allowed to become citizens and where
300,000 of them were expelled in 1991 - and the entire world never said a single
word about that). So where were they supposed to go?

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle