Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> OK, this is one of those irritating cliches that
> people keep repeating.  How _did_ Europe "pay its debt
> by giving the Jews somebody else's land."

That was the impression I got from the last list discussion
about this. It was probably a false impression. In that
message, I really should have stuck to the actual point I
was trying to make -- that Israel exists now, and there's no
way to give the Palestinians sole occupation of that land
without moving or murdering millions of people, so we should
make the best of the current situation.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com