I would guess that global economic
growth will transition towards the US/China/India,
certainly.  If India ever gets its act together and
does serious reform that order might change to
India/US/China, but I'm not immensely optimistic on
that, sadly.

Gautam Mukunda

I'm not presuming to say you are the only to help India, would you have any inside knowledge of someone who could help that country? My only knowledge of India was from a 20/20 program, comparing the US and democracy against other countries. The things the Indian officials did....it was like watching a show called "How dumb can you be?" All the paperwork that had to be filled out to get anything done...maybe we should Algore there to streamline their government.

Seriously, do you know of worse stories? Do you think this is a problem with most non-western (type) countries, they have promise but too many good intentions, not enough good people? And from another angle, people in western countries who don't understand how a country that does have a lot of basic services like electricity, can still be so backwards? I mean, westerners who expect electricity also expect high standards of living, good roads....

I've never been to Tijuana and what I remember of my time in Mexico near Brownsville Texas is sketchy at best. It just seems that if you are 30 miles from the US border in San Diego, you'd know it compared with being 30 miles into Mexico. There is plenty of poverty along the US/Mexico border on the US side, but it always sounds like it is much worse in Mexico. Why can't we raise that country up?

Kevin T. - VRWC
Sorry, rambling