--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm referring to the problem of only 1.5 workers per
> retired person (if retirement stays at 65) in 2050.

Which it won't.  As advances in medicine make people more able-bodied
older, *and* as evidence accumulates that on-going activity can help
prevent Alzheimer's, I think we will see people working longer and
longer.

Moreover, hopefully by then Social Security will be means-tested,
forcing those who have saved to not realy upon the efforts of those
1.5 workers for sustenance.

JDG