On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 05:33:59PM -0700, Gautam Mukunda wrote:
> --- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.efficientfrontier.com/ef/103/hell4.htm
>
> I'm not in the least happy about it, but I'm not sure
> what you mean by "not so hot".

I mean we are going to have some problems in 20-30 years, as summarized
in the link I provided.

> If the US can hold things together from about 2030-2040, it will be
> fine - the "Baby Boom Echo" will be pouring into the workforce

Agreed. But the economy isn't likely to be strong during 2020-2040.  I
think a depression (little or no growth, poverty, very low wages or high
unemployment) is likely. That is what I mean by not so hot.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/