> On 4/11/13 12:35 PM, "shath...@e-z.net" <shath...@e-z.net> wrote:
>
>>Besides windows builds with VS 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 -
>>I also perform builds on FreeBSD, PCBSD, and GNU Linux.
>>I DO NOT build packages for Debian and RedHat package managers.
>>I DO build debug and release builds of Xerces-C from sources.
>
> For Linux, it is risky in the extreme to rely on binaries built for one
> distro on another.

I Understand!

> I provide RPMs for Xerces as needed on all the platforms I support that
> don't ship their own. If the project wanted to do that formally, I can
> assist with that, or it could offer a pointer to my packages at
> build.opensuse.org if it likes.
>
> I don't do Debian, but those packages exist, and that is the manner in
> which Debian users want and need to get the software. Binaries just don't
> fly.

I can check with Debian and Ubuntu integration teams to see what
support there is to create (.deb) packages for their distributions.

>>I have not been successful in creating a SunStudio 12.3
>>environment for testing with Solaris-11.  The Solaris-11
>>will only support a 64-bit environment.  Solaris-10
>>supports both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.

Solaris-11 has also changed the way that software distribution
packages are managed.  I may still be able to test on Solaris-11
on X64 platforms, but I first need to get comfortable with the
platform.

- Steven J. Hathaway