There was no proof of WMD AFTER the fact. Before we went in he puffed out
his chest and made it appear that he had them, and then when the pressure
was put on him, he started saying he had no WMD's. So what were we supposed
to do/believe? It is these types of scenarios where I cannot understand the
liberal approach of wait and see. There are too many things at stake to just
wait and see. Situations like this require action be taken. 
Now of course we all know he could have avoided this if he simply let the
inspectors run around his country looking at whatever they wanted with no
resistance. He chose not to and now this. I honestly wish he had cooperated
100% so this whole thing could have been avoided (maybe). But that is the
problem with men in the Middle East, especially men like Saddam. They have
too much pride and they don't like anyone stepping on that pride. Pride and
honor are two things over there that are respected more than anything.
That's why in some of these countries, if a daughter has premarital sex, she
is put to death. She dishonored that family and wounded the father's pride.
Likewise for adultery. Death is the status quo for the woman. And the reason
I know this is because I interacted with many Iraqi men and women, and they
all told me the same thing. 
And let's not forget how many times he shot at our jets that were patrolling
the no-fly zones. Technically, that is an act of war. Why that pretext for
war was never taken I don't know. I guess selling the world on WMD's sounded
better. Who knows? Only GW knows for sure.
All I know is this. I keep saying that we should have done this 17 years
ago. We had more boots on the ground, and more cooperative world support.
Ask a lot of soldiers who were in the first gulf war and they will tell you
the same thing. I honestly believe that it would have been very different
back then.


-----Original Message-----
From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:29 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: new book confirms Saddam wanted a nuke

But Hussein was not a threat to them either.  As you pointed out,
that's why the Gulf War happened and Hussein was locked down - further
there was no evidence of WMD to make him a threat.  It was, obviously,
an extremely stupid call for what reasons it was made.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create robust enterprise, web RIAs.
Upgrade to ColdFusion 8 and integrate with Adobe Flex
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246603
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to