Last time I checked, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were American 
interests, and according to recent maps they all border Iraq, so to me 
it is very imminent and real and indisputable. I seem to recall almost 
17 years ago Iraq invaded Kuwait, and prior to that they battled it out 
with Iran for over 10 years. And Saddam continuously violated the no-fly 
zone rules by shooting missiles at our jets, and again he made no effort 
to convince the world that he did not have WMD's. Given Iraq's past 
history, I don't really feel comfortable "assuming" that he had no WMD's 
with our interests so close.  Sure things would be a lot better overall 
for everyone (except the Iraqi people) if Saddam had just given free and 
unfettered access to ALL of his facilities, and had been completely 
upfront with the world. But since Slick Willey set precedence of 
cowering to any enemy, perceived or real, I guess Saddam figured he 
could afford to screw around with us, and now here we are. I am not 
saying that this is all Clinton's fault, but I feel that if he had been 
a bit more aggressive with countries like Iraq, things would be very 
different right now.

Bruce

G Money wrote:
> My point is that even if Iraq did have a few WMD's laying around, they were
> in NO WAY an immediate threat to the US or our interests. That's disputable,
> but that's what I believe.
>
> In Hatton's analogy, the danger is imminent and very real. That's where it
> breaks down for me.
>
>   
>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Download the latest ColdFusion 8 utilities including Report Builder,
plug-ins for Eclipse and Dreamweaver updates.
http;//www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5adobecf8%5Fbeta

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246544
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to