Statements like this fascinate me: "Now of course we all know he could have avoided this if he simply let the inspectors run around his country looking at whatever they wanted with no resistance."
I often wonder how people saying such things would feel if they were in his position. I highly, highly doubt the US would be at all agreeable to letting inspectors in to take a look at whatever weapons programs we have going on. I like how the US expects everyone else to do our bidding and bend to our will. I bet if we tried that "inspectors" thing with some european country, they would tell us to shut the hell up and go away. But, see, we can push some of those middle eastern countries around, so it's all good. The hypocrasy is interesting, to say the least. Unfortunately, it is just the way things work. The people on top have their way with the people on the bottom. *shrug* I do agree with your assessment of Gulf War I. We should have taken care of business when we were commited the first time. Father and son. Tag-team screw-ups ;) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Sorge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "CF-Community" <[email protected]> Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:17 PM Subject: RE: new book confirms Saddam wanted a nuke > There was no proof of WMD AFTER the fact. Before we went in he puffed out > his chest and made it appear that he had them, and then when the pressure > was put on him, he started saying he had no WMD's. So what were we > supposed > to do/believe? It is these types of scenarios where I cannot understand > the > liberal approach of wait and see. There are too many things at stake to > just > wait and see. Situations like this require action be taken. > Now of course we all know he could have avoided this if he simply let the > inspectors run around his country looking at whatever they wanted with no > resistance. He chose not to and now this. I honestly wish he had > cooperated > 100% so this whole thing could have been avoided (maybe). But that is the > problem with men in the Middle East, especially men like Saddam. They have > too much pride and they don't like anyone stepping on that pride. Pride > and > honor are two things over there that are respected more than anything. > That's why in some of these countries, if a daughter has premarital sex, > she > is put to death. She dishonored that family and wounded the father's > pride. > Likewise for adultery. Death is the status quo for the woman. And the > reason > I know this is because I interacted with many Iraqi men and women, and > they > all told me the same thing. > And let's not forget how many times he shot at our jets that were > patrolling > the no-fly zones. Technically, that is an act of war. Why that pretext for > war was never taken I don't know. I guess selling the world on WMD's > sounded > better. Who knows? Only GW knows for sure. > All I know is this. I keep saying that we should have done this 17 years > ago. We had more boots on the ground, and more cooperative world support. > Ask a lot of soldiers who were in the first gulf war and they will tell > you > the same thing. I honestly believe that it would have been very different > back then. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Check out the new features and enhancements in the latest product release - download the "What's New PDF" now http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/coldfusion/cf8_beta_whatsnew_052907.pdf Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246608 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
