I am not making excuses. G stated that even if they had WMD's, they posed no thread to the US or her interests. Since the countries I mentioned are allies of the US, and we rely on the oil in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, they are our interests. If not, we would not have gone to the aid of Kuwait in the first war. I am not a fan of this war; however since we are at war I am willing to go any time I am asked. That is my job, to follow the orders of those appointed above me, regardless of what I may think or feel. If I don't like the heat, I can always get out of the kitchen. The National Guard is extremely easy to quit before your time is up. I just choose not to.
Bruce -----Original Message----- From: Dana Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:09 PM To: CF-Community Subject: Re: new book confirms Saddam wanted a nuke I'm always astounded at how far people will go to make excuses for Iraq. On 11/16/07, Bruce Sorge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Last time I checked, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were American > interests, and according to recent maps they all border Iraq, so to me > it is very imminent and real and indisputable. I seem to recall almost > 17 years ago Iraq invaded Kuwait, and prior to that they battled it out > with Iran for over 10 years. And Saddam continuously violated the no-fly > zone rules by shooting missiles at our jets, and again he made no effort > to convince the world that he did not have WMD's. Given Iraq's past > history, I don't really feel comfortable "assuming" that he had no WMD's > with our interests so close. Sure things would be a lot better overall > for everyone (except the Iraqi people) if Saddam had just given free and > unfettered access to ALL of his facilities, and had been completely > upfront with the world. But since Slick Willey set precedence of > cowering to any enemy, perceived or real, I guess Saddam figured he > could afford to screw around with us, and now here we are. I am not > saying that this is all Clinton's fault, but I feel that if he had been > a bit more aggressive with countries like Iraq, things would be very > different right now. > > Bruce ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Enterprise web applications, build robust, secure scalable apps today - Try it now ColdFusion Today ColdFusion 8 beta - Build next generation apps Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246588 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
