I just received an email from my oncologist telling me that it is safe for me
to stop Gleevec for 3 months.I started Gleevec in January 2001, and reached
cytogenic remission in July 2001. I've continued on 300mg per day.I was in the
study for 12  years.I feel like it is my safety net between wellness and
reoccurrence of CML.I am almost afraid to stop it. I no longer have any side
effects from it.Who has stopped Gleevec, and what have you experienced as a
result of doing so?Thanking you all for your input...Angie in Canada