To Kevin's point, if the expense (money and time) is exorbitant, there may
be alternatives or at least a strong argument for something different.
This list does have plenty of smart people, many of whom may have
experience with modern social networking technology and associated
platforms.  It is possible that there is a better way to do this.  It is
also quite possible that this list is still the best, cheapest, and least
involved.

Just because this topic has been discussed at length multiple times in the
past doesn't mean that a new technology hasn't come along.  I do remember
that one of the important features referenced in the past was that it be
email based so that our SSB/pactor/snail mail members can still interact.
With the ubiquity of modern high-speed cell phone internet and even
satellite internet communications it seems that even that argument is
becoming moot.

As for the "transition" from Stu (for whatever reason but most importantly
an untimely demise) a "board of directors" might be appropriate to ensure a
smooth transition.

None of this is to discredit or disrespect Stu's efforts or contributions.
In fact quite the opposite.  Thank you Stu for all of your time and effort
over the years.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+