On my former boat...a 1985 35-3, I am pretty sure the hatches were all
Bomar.  I have been watching this thread, and haven't seen Bomar mentioned.
Maybe mine was an oddity.  The other part I missed is whether or not this
is a hinge issue, lens or frame issue?  I just had the lens on my 37+
redone, and it is amazing. Can actually see out of it!  (Reinstalling the
hatch lid and new trim ring was a PITA, however)

*Chuck Saur*

517 490-5926 Cell