From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: m...@blackhammer.com
Sent: 2020-05-04 11:31:29 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Need to replace forward hatch on 35 mkIII

I was liking the idea of Lewmar.

And I think the low profiles look great but I don’t see access from top side which the fore-deck guys likes to have to get spinnakers in and out easily without having to go below.

When you say easy drop in on Lewmars, I assume I would need to rip out and replace the frame that attaches to the deck. I was thinking of trying to just change out the hatch first. A friend told me of his troubles trying to get the frame off the deck. If it’s a direct replacement the hinges would match? I don’t think I can do that with a Lewmar based on the diagrams I saw. My issue is the hatch itself, I suspect no water is coming in from the bottom frame.

I have a couple of emails into Atkins and Hoyle though I have not heard back yet. I’ll keep on them.

Again thanks to all. The collective wisdom is amazing.