Stephen McConnell wrote:

> When you say "and the two container factions that chose not to
> participate with everyone else" you are implying and active
> choice?  Do you believe that the Avalon community was
> presented with a choice?

Yes to both.  And multiple of each over extended periods of time.

> Secondly, do you believe that the Metro project was established
> on the premise of "non-participation" or was "pastures that
> permit such behavior" just an unfortunate turn of phrase?

My reference was to the choice by the Metro project to go elsewhere, where
the leaders can make decisions without needing to cater to competing or
conflicting voices from an established community, rather than to keep Metro
within the ASF, and within the bounds of our decision making processes.

        --- Noel