On 06/04/18 03:45 PM, William Ferguson wrote:
> As a further test, I modified the image again and subtracted another hour from
> the time.  I removed the image from darktable, then imported it again and it
> showed 03:29:14 PM.  So, it works correctly on my system with Canon raws.  I
> looked around and found a Nikon file on my system.  I imported it and then
> changed the time by an hour, removed it, and reimported it.  The time in
> darktable stayed the same and did not reflect the change.  I dumped the Nikon
> file with exiftool and there is a field Date/Time Original which still has the
> original time.  I dumped the Canon file and it has the Date/Time Original
> field
> but the value is modified to the time I specified.  It appears that exiv2
> doesn't set the Date/Time Original field inside Nikon files correctly.

You might use 'exif -l' to find *all* the tags that involve data and time for
the various file formats.

My FUji, for example, has
0x0132 Date and Time                           *      -      -      -      -
0x9003 Date and Time (Original)                -      -      *      -      -
0x9004 Date and Time (Digitised)               -      -      *      -      -

My Canon
0x0132 Date and Time                           *      -      -      -      -
0x829a Exposure Time                           -      -      *      -      -
0x882a Time Zone Offset                        -      -      -      -      -
0x9003 Date and Time (Original)                -      -      *      -      -
0x9004 Date and Time (Digitised)

My Sony
0x0132 Date and Time                           *      *      -      -      -
0x829a Exposure Time                           -      -      *      -      -
0x882a Time Zone Offset                        -      -      -      -      -
0x9003 Date and Time (Original)                -      -      *      -      -
0x9004 Date and Time (Digitised)               -      -      *      -      -

If I were you I'd leave the "Original" time alone and alter the simple "Date and
Time"

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious
conviction.