On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 10:06 -0700, Peter Cripps wrote:
> At risk of complicating this discussion, I processed an over-exposed
> RAW
> file in darktable and Lightroom. In both cases, I pulled the
> exposure
> back by 2ev. No other tweaks. The results are quite different, and
> seem
> to show that dt is losing some of the high intensity pixels.
>
> (I said 'seem to'. Please don't pile into me!)
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/se9yawlsbl7zpff/darktable.jpg?dl=0
> (darktable)
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cepsk7i54v4x72/Lightroom.jpg?dl=0
> (Lightroom)
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrg997wamwg6yj6/Y5050211.ORF?dl=0 (.orf)

> ble.org

Well, did they look the same before reducing exposure? I wonder if
basecurve is the same in both cases (two options are available in DT).
Looks like LR does some sort of highlight reconstruction by default, if
you enable LCh reconstruction in DT you will get same amount of details
but different color cast...